AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND HOPE
In May 2015, House of Charity was presented with the opportunity to purchase the Finance & Commerce building on 7th Street and Portland Avenue— the land adjoining our current Food Centre.
Your generous donation will help us construct:
- 61 units of new smoke-free, sober, and pet-friendly Permanent Supportive Housing
- An expanded addiction and mental illness treatment facility, magnifying outpatient chemical and mental health services
- A new Food Centre with a dramatically improved kitchen and new dining room
- An upgrade to the current Transitional Housing building with central air conditioning throughout
- Units reserved for youth and veterans experiencing homelessness
HELP US REACH OUR GOAL TO EXPAND OUR REACH
Our proposed new building, combined with the renovated current housing, will help us to serve more people more effectively, ensuring a greater positive impact on homelessness in the downtown area—one that is sustainable and far-reaching.
PARTNER WITH US
HELP US EMPOWER MORE PEOPLE TOWARD SELF-SUFFICIENCY
We are in a capital campaign to raise $23 million for developing and constructing a new five-story building in downtown Minneapolis.
Together we will expand hope for people experiencing homelessness in Minneapolis!