House of Charity is always in need of the following items for people in our housing and treatment programs:
- Personal care items – soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, combs and brushes
- Towels and washcloths
- Socks and underwear for men and women
- Bedding – blankets, twin sheets and pillow cases
- Alcoholics Anonymous Big Books
- Cheater glasses*
- Alarm clocks*
- Flip flops for showering*
*specifically requested by clients
Your donations are greatly appreciated. Please bring your donations to the front desk at 510 S. 8th Street, Minneapolis.
To donate new and gently used clothing, please bring to our Food Centre at 714 Park Avenue from 11:00am – 1:00pm on Wednesdays.
If you would like to donate food, please read below. There are a few rules we have to follow to make sure we can keep everyone safe:
- Commercially canned, boxed or otherwise packaged foods are preferred and encouraged.
- Cold food must be maintained at 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- Food that has already been served (e.g. buffet leftovers) will not be accepted.
- We cannot accept food prepared in a home kitchen.
Unfortunately, House of Charity cannot accept the following:
Household furniture and appliances (including TVs)