Day by Day Chemical Dependency and Mental Health Treatment
Day By Day is our 120-day outpatient program for women and men 18 years of age and older that offers a total quality of life approach to co-occurring Chemical and Mental Health Treatment.
To make a referral to Day by Day Co-occurring Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP), with the option of lodging, please fax the following documents below:
- An Updated Rule 25 assessment (completed with-in the past 30 days)
- Recent Progress note
- Health insurance information (M.A./Consolidated funding/Ucare/BlueCross, etc.).
- Professional Statement of Need – if the client intends to receive lodging services
- Combined Applications Form (only if client doesn’t have open GA)
- Third Party Homeless Verification Form – if the client intends to receive lodging services
Please fax all completed information to 612-594-2030 Attn: Treatment Intake. The Intake Specialist will contact you once all the information has been received.
Instructions on how to complete the Third Party and Professional Statement of Need Forms
- Third Party form – Please list at least 4 episodes of homelessness in the past 3 years.
- Please exclude jail, hospital stays, treatment facilities, sober housing, and other GRH programs, etc.
- Please list start and end dates, city, state, and the name of the facility or address.
- Professional Statement of Need form
- On the first page, please fill in the applicant’s information to the best of your knowledge and have the applicant sign.
- The second page – on the top section, please check at least 1 reason, for supportive services. On the bottom section, please check at least 2 reasons.
- A signature of the qualified licensed professional is required for this form. Please see for to determine which professional is qualified to complete this form.
Single adults who have experienced long-term homeless (LTH) are placed in apartments throughout Hennepin County. Individuals must meet the state’s definition of long-term homelessness, in order to qualify for this option.
To receive a referral, please contact Hennepin County Coordinated Entry to start the process, by calling 612-879- 7624 or dial 211.
Please note: House of Charity does not accept direct referrals from the community for this option.
Single adults who have experienced long-term homelessness are placed in rooms, in a community setting, with a roommate, or single room, if available. Individuals must meet the state’s definition of long term homelessness, in order to qualify for this option.
To make a referral to the GRH / permanent housing supports (lodging) please fax the following documents below:
- Professional Statement of Need
- Housing Supports Pre-Screening Referral Form
- Third Party Verification Form – Participant can fill this out (it must be signed by a Third Party)
- Long-term Homeless Eligibility Form
- Combined Application Form – participant can this fill out, if he/she does not have an open financial assistance through Hennepin County.
Please fax all completed information to 612-594-2030, Attn: Admissions. The Intake Coordinator will contact you once all the information has been received.
Admissions process takes 3-5 days. If you have questions regarding the status of a submitted application, please contact the intake coordinator, at 612-594-2002.
Please note: If your client is in need of immediate shelter, please contact St. Olaf’s Adult Shelter Connect, by calling 612-248-2350 or have your client walk-in at 215 S. 8th St. Mpls. MN 55402
Programs/Housing Frequently Asked Questions
House of Charity is a Housing Supports program that provides permanent supportive housing to single adults. Residents are in a dorm like community setting and are working towards stability. Individuals must be referred by a licensed professional, such as a Counselor, Social Worker/Case manager, or Doctor, if applicable.
You can download the frequently asked questions below.