The First Annual “Super Ball: The Power of the Huddle” is an important event that will benefit five amazing charities. It all started with Jody Peterson Lodge, a wonderful, inspirational woman who had a lavish venue for a lavish event that was no longer taking place. She connected with Nancy Chakrin who brought on board Deborah Yungner who brought on Lori Myren-Manbeck and Karen Amundsen to create a lavish event that would benefit several non-profits. What all the businesses and nonprofits have in common is a strong commitment to community, a vision that highlights the importance of giving back, and a belief that if we huddle together, we can make the world a better place.
We are thrilled to have local comedienne, Summer Sasarita, as our emcee for the evening! Our goal is to have 150 people in attendance and raise more than $50,000 for this inaugural event.
5:30 p.m. – Silent auction with butlered hors d’oeuvres and cash bar
7:00 p.m. – Dinner with Summer, speakers and dance demonstration by Eli and Rebecca Ramirez, Costa Rica Ballroom
8:30 p.m. – Live auction
10:00 p.m. – After-party
Your choice of:
- Moroccan Roasted Chicken served with apple chutney, safron rissoto and, char roasted vegetables
- Filet Mignon served with asparagus and roasted wild mushrooms mix, balsamic creme, and roasted garlic carrot mashed potatoes
- Grilled vegetables, carrots, red peppers, served on a bed of quinoa with butternut squash sauce and chives
Includes salad and dessert
Featuring music by A Couple Misfits
Funds from this event will support five amazing charities:
- House of Charity (fiscal sponsor) – Feed those in need, House those experiencing homelessness and Empower individuals to achieve independence.
- Hope Rides – Provide Hope for future, Mentorship to youth, Rescue the Equine and Strengthen Community and Families. Their desire is to use the relational nature of the horse to create opportunities for personal growth and healing in the lives of hurting individuals.
- Girls in Action – Empower girls to positively use their personal power. Engage girls in meaningful mentoring with positive women leaders. Prepare girls to graduate on time from high school and pursue higher education. Engage girls in advocacy and social change through service-learning. Engage girls in positive cross-cultural interactions and communication.
- BreathLogic – Dedicated to providing global breath literacy. They teach breathing methodology that promotes brain function, stress reduction, optimal performance, enhanced health, and well-being.
- InVent Minnesota – Dedicated to providing high school students with real world innovation opportunities to help everyone discover who they are, what they care about, and how they are impassioned to change the world.
Unable to attend, but want to donate? You may make a donation in the options below. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed.